I received lots of spiritual nourishment over this past weekend. Sunday was just pretty good all around but Saturday we had a women's conference at church (Stake Relief Society workshop and broadcast) and it was awesome. The workshop was from 10-1 and it was called Becoming an Elect Lady of the Lord. My first class was about the temple and cleaving to our covenants. Second one was about the definition of virtue. Virtue = Power. They challenged us to complete the Young Women's Value Virtue. Third was a discussion on charity. And fourth was a class on establishing a Gospel centered home. I really liked the handout for that one because it gave me a list of goals and you know how I like lists:
Gospel centered home handout (the links are my own additions based on my impressions and the notes I took)
Then that night I got to watch the General Conference Relief Society broadcast at a friend's house. It rocked. The main message I found was that nobody on this earth is perfect and we shouldn't be judgemental. We shouldn't even judge ourselves unrighteously. We should just try to be the best we can and not compare ourselves to other people. That lesson went along very well with my favorite note from the class about charity. It was that the assignments we are given by the Lord are not the tape measure for how "perfect" we are. They are just the gifts God has given us to use to change ourselves. Good stuff.
President Monson told a great story (like he always does) which I would share here but I don't think I'll tell it as well as he did. So, if you didn't get to see the broadcast, you should definitely watch it or read it online or when it comes out in next month's Ensign.
All of Saturday was such a big boost in motivation for me. I would really recommend clicking the links I've shared and being uplifted yourself.
Hi! I'm glad you've been uplifted through your church's women conference. I found you through Mama's Little Nestwork and became your newest follower!
ReplyDeleteHave a blessed day,
Jinnia
http://jinnialow.com