This is the post where I got the idea for my mom's and mother-in-law's Christmas gifts. I liked the idea of the plaques and the book page backgrounds. Scrapbook paper ended up being the way to go for the backgrounds though because I couldn't decide on which book pages to use (words are a big deal for me)! The silhouettes themselves I cut out in vinyl with my
Silhouette machine after using Photoshop to outline the people's faces. I did all of my mom's 6 kids and my mother-in-law's 6 kids. Would've done the grand-kids but there are just too many of those (and more on the way)! I forgot to take a picture of my mom's finished plaques but here are the ones we gave Kevin's mom Christmas day.
Both moms seemed to really like their gifts so of course I'm pretty proud of my little project. Stay tuned for more post-Christmas-surprise insights!
How did you manage to find side profile pics of all six kids?? That is such a great gift!
ReplyDeleteThe girls had more solo bridal pics to choose from so those were easy. Scott I got from one of your engagement photos but the rest of the boys I just took pics when I saw them in person. I registered for an Etsy shop a couple of months ago so I'd be able to sell these kinds of plaques on there after I surprised the moms. :-)
ReplyDelete