Thursday, February 17, 2011

Craft Ideas

I'm in the process of putting together a craft group and so I spent part of the afternoon looking around for ideas to tempt some ladies I know to join. So here are some examples for you:




Signs







Glass Etching





 




Wall Vinyl






Fun Displays




Click on the pictures to go to the sites I got them from. There are tons more project ideas out there but I just wanted to throw out some ideas and see who is interested in what. Just lemme know girls!

Oh, and here is the Silhouette Craft Cutter site that shows all the things it can cut and things you can make. (If you didn't know that I got a Silhouette for Christmas, that's why I'm so excited about start this group; so many fun things it can do!)

3 comments:

  1. I did a little etching get together one day for ladies in my neighborhood. It was really great! We used white contact paper instead of expensive vinyl and it worked just as good (you just cut the sheet to fit your cutting mat. The etching cream is expensive, but you don't use a whole lot for each glass item.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I went back to reformat this post and by the time I hit publish again I already had a comment! :-) Thanks for the contact paper idea, that does sound a lot better than using nice vinyl. I actually got some [pretty old] etching cream from Brenda when she cleaned out her attic recently so if it doesn't have an expiration date I should be set to do quite a few projects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would this be an online craft group or a local to your area one? Please let me know if it is online. Your enthusiasm is terrific!

    ReplyDelete