Friday, September 3, 2010

Learning

Looking back at my 5 Year Plan, it's all about home economics. These are big goals for me but yesterday I rediscovered something else I'd like to add to my list of things to do.

Study regular economics.

Most people will probably think that sounds totally bland and boring but it's something I'm really interested in. I actually started on this goal yesterday without realizing it when I was doing some research for another blog of mine. I'm not going to go into many of the details here because that other blog is a political blog and I made it separate from this one for a reason. But the point is I found myself watching a video of an economics lecture. And it was enlightening to me. I could actually feel my brain waking up and firing neurons it hasn't fired in a while. I've always heard that learning something new will keep you on your toes and sharpen your senses. I just hadn't put it into practice for a while. Specifically using that analytical part of myself made me feel fresher for the rest of the day. It wasn't stressful because there isn't going to be a test or homework, but I found myself taking notes anyway. Learning something "academic" made me feel really good. Smarter. Which I like.

I actually have three blogs. My family update blog, my political blog, and this "better myself" blog. And I think that making all three of them is going to contribute to this "woman I want to become."

No comments:

Post a Comment