Monday, January 24, 2011

Project!

I've finally taken the time to experiment with my Silhouette and move forward on the idea I had for our family room wall. I decided I wanted to take the blank space on both sides of our fireplace and make a "wall" for each of our two kids. The left side for Alexander, the right for Jacob. And of course, the beauty thing about using vinyl  for their names is that if we have more kids, it will come down easily and I can do something else.
So here's my picture diary of the process.

Designing

Cutting


Transferring

Left side vinyl done!

I actually didn't love the transfer paper very much, apparently the vinyl preferred staying stuck to it rather than moving on to the wall. So I ended up just sort of peeling and pressing, very slowly. Did help keep everything lined up though so I'll give it a 5 out of 10 for serving it's purpose. Now all I have to do is finish putting up Jacob's name (the wall was dirty so I had to clean it and I'm waiting for it to dry.) And then I can start hanging pictures! Woohoo!


2 comments: