One of the goals our stake presidency set for us last year was to have every family hang a copy of "The Living Christ" document in their home. So, a few months ago we had a Relief Society activity to make nice collage frame mats to hang with them. They supplied 11x14 (inner space 8x10) mat boards and Ensign magazines so we could cut out pictures of Christ to frame the document.
Well, some of the ladies put theirs together; I cut out a few pictures and then decided I would finish mine at home. Fast forward to this morning (as I said, months later) and after my tiny success with the vinyl yesterday, I found myself motivated to finally finish the frame project.
Part of the reason I didn't finish at the activity was that I wasn't in love with enough of the pictures they had available. So I pulled out my huge stack of church pamphlets.
There are only 3 different titles in that pile; I ordered them in bulk the first year Kevin and I were married. I was jazzed but of course Kevin laughed at me. Because you can get these for free from the missionaries if you have a friend to give them to and he knew I'd never know enough people to give them all away in a million years. (And since I've given out about 4 total in the past 4 years, I guess he was right.) But now that I've found this new use for them I'll definitely be getting some more mileage out of my purchase.
I also got out my fabulously multi-functional Del Parson calendars.
I love Del Parson's artwork but since really nice art is also really expensive, I like to buy the calendars and cut out and frame the pictures. And for this project some of the little sample pictures on the back pages were a perfect fit.
I had actually finished the first one and put it in a frame before I realized I wanted to post pictures and then I thought it would be nice to have an extra to give as a gift, so I went ahead and made the second one.
Now I just have to figure out where in the world I'm going to hang this thing...
Go you! Look at you and your awesome tutorial :)
ReplyDeleteWe did something similar in our ward--we used family pictures for the border and put the Proclamation in the middle.
Thanks Katie! Yeah, I'd heard of that, too. I was thinking it would be one of my next projects. :-)
ReplyDeleteI really like this idea. A friend of mine had one in college and I bought the stuff to make it years ago and just got around to doing it now. I think yours came out better though :)
ReplyDeleteThat turned out GREAT!!! I still need to finish mine--but I had the same idea you did with the Del Parson calendars! I have some Simon Dewey ones too.
ReplyDeletewow....! that's pretty dang cool...:o)
ReplyDeleteThanks for the comments everybody! Love to feel the love! :-)
ReplyDelete