Monday, February 28, 2011

Easter Design

My craft group got together for its first craft night over the weekend and I’d have to say it was a general success. There was a couple of snags with getting the contact paper to adhere snuggly enough to a curved surface and I learned never to rush a glass etching project to catch up with the rest of the group. (Eek!) But even though my nice glass trifle/candy dishes ended up looking like something I’ll only be able to pull out for Halloween, I got to show off my Silhouette machine and have a good girls’ night in.

As the group was getting ready to leave we started talking about what our next project will be and we decided to do some sort of something to display for Easter. So this morning I hopped on google and some of my favorite blogs and started hunting for a really awesome Easter project. And while I didn’t come up completely empty handed I couldn’t help but notice that there just aren’t as many fantabulous Easter ideas out there as there are for a lot of the other holidays. So I decided to play around and see if I could come up with something shareable to throw into the void. This quote by President Hinckley is one that has stuck with me for a long time and I wanted to see what I could do with it.

easter4 easter
easter2 easter3

My initial idea was to put something together to cut out in vinyl and put on a vintage window pane or picture frame but then while I was working I thought these might be nice just printed out as well. So if you like my idea please use one (or all). Just click on the image to open it larger in a new tab/screen and print from your browser. I’m still trying to figure out the best way to share files like this for printing so if the resolution isn’t good enough let me know and I’ll email you a pdf. I sized these to be 5x7 so if you want bigger you should definitely have me send you the pdf. Or you can always take the idea and play around with fonts and designs of your own. The free fonts and wingdings I used are as follows: Calamity Jane, Miama, wmtrees1, Nymphette, Scrapicons, freaking stars, lpflowers2. All of them except Calamity Jane I got from www.dafont.com. I got Calamity Jane from www.1001freefonts.com. The quote is from this phenomenal article by President Hinckley in the May 2007 Liahona.


And just so you know, comment luv and new followers totally rock my world (everybody loves a compliment right?) So pleeeeease let me know if you like this printable. I'm just getting started with this kind of thing and I'd like to know if I'm doing a good job. :-)

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Super cute Amy!! Sorry, I never got back to you on details of the craft group. If you still want info. let me know I will shoot you off an email and explain how we are doing it, but I don't have your email so if you could get it to me that would be fabulous!! Wish you lived close enough to join our group!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this quote! Thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete