Now let me tell you a thing or two about my aunt Erika. She is a full on thrifting guru. She will walk into a thrift store and come out having maybe spent $50 but in her bags she will have (for example) four Ann Taylor dresses (probably with the tags still on), six pairs of
And so we come to this layout of clothes on my bed. I’d say I came away on Friday with about $500 worth of stuff. There was more to choose from but one hitch to this system of finding clothes is my lovely aunt and I have very different taste in some things (she looooooves sweaters). And then there’s the fact that her feet are two sizes bigger than mine. So those boots in the back only got there because they’re a little too small for her and I can wear thick socks to make them fit me.
I’ll have to do a post sometime to share some of the tricks she’s taught me for thrifting but for now I just wanted to show you my loot and talk a little about my fabulous good luck in being the proud niece of a thrift store junkie. We give her a hard time about it when her closet overflows but I can’t really complain because that would be like shooting myself in the foot. I’m a thrift-store-junkie’s-closet junkie.
Love you Aunt Erika! Thanks!
No comments:
Post a Comment