Ok, you caught me, it’s really not, but it IS a table that looks just like our table; and it got me out of having to clean the kitchen so I could get a full picture of the real thing. Let’s just pretend our table could possibly have a vase with flowers and apples and glasses on a nice clean runner without a certain 2-year-old pulling the end of said runner and bringing it all down for a nice abrupt meeting with the linoleum.
As I was saying, that’s our kitchen table. It was Kevin’s bachelor pad table that he inherited when one of his roommates moved out. The table itself has held up remarkably well but as for the chairs…well, not so much.
Luckily I was the one sitting in this chair when it met its end (it happened during craft night and the lady who had been sitting in it had just left). The next day I showed Kevin the wreckage and we decided it was time to spring for a new dining set. Well, we got online and looked…and looked…and looked and could not for the life of us find a set that we liked better than this one:
Look familiar?
We only have three chairs left since the death of the first and at least one of those remaining is headed for eventual disaster as well, so we decided to get two new chairs; we’ll have five for now and four if that one ever bites the dust. I also liked the idea of a bench like the one from the darker set picture so we found one just like it on amazon and ordered that too.
We decided to stick with the white/natural color scheme so we don’t have to worry about getting the paint and stain to match perfectly old to new. That also means that I have no idea how long it will be before the color change happens but Kevin was pretty excited about the idea. He seems to be in a home improvement groove since the weather’s warmed up; he’s in our bathroom putting shelves up right now and he installed two medicine cabinets in there yesterday.
He's so awesome.
Maybe I’ll go do some laundry so there will actually be some clean towels to put on the shelves when he’s done.


I love the new table and I especially love the bench. So good, especially with kids. We searched forever for a new table awhile back and were torn between the one you have (w/bench) and another one. We got the other one and I've regretted it ever since. Someday...
ReplyDelete