Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Family Time Saturday

This past Saturday my family and I had the sweet opportunity to go our nephew's baptism. About 30 minutes before we had to leave our house to go to the church, Kevin mentioned that he wished he had thought ahead and got something to give "T", like scripture marking pencils or something. A little fast thinking and I had it, "I can make him a bookmark!" I finished getting myself ready and left Kevin to dress the boys while I hopped online for a quick google search. I would have liked to design something myself and make it really personal, but at that point I had about 15 minutes before we needed to be on the road.

I found this Armour of God one first but I have this thing about printing only one small picture on a full piece of card stock so I pulled up a couple more (Scripture Hero and Book of Mormon) to make it a set of three. I threw them into my Corel program and did a little cropping and arranging and resizing to get them to fit.
Then I hit print. Then I did a little freaking out when it started coming out of the printer in grayscale, so I did a little "argh"ing and a little printer-settings-examining and a little stupid-grayscale-box-unchecking and hit print again. It came out right that time and I ran downstairs to my trusty roll of clear contact paper to laminate them. (If you've never laminated anything with contact paper, come back tomorrow and I'll have a full tutorial with pictures on how to do it.)

I didn't notice until we got to the church that the scripture at the bottom of the Armour of God bookmark didn't import and therefore didn't print. So I ended up borrowing a pen and writing the reference on the back of the book mark. (And I just barely now noticed that the "Book of Mormon" part on the Book Mormon book mark didn't import either, oh well.) It ended up being kind of neat because the Bishop shared the exact quote from the introduction to the Book of Mormon that is on the second book mark. After the service was over, Kevin and I offered to let "T" ride back to Grandma and Grandpa's house with us. We presented him with our little gift on the way and he told us all about how he needed one for his Bible and he was surprised that he got to keep all three book marks.

We all went to Chic-fil-A for dinner and then to Kevin's brother's house ("T"s house) for cake and ice cream. We went to Grandma and Grandpa's house first, though, so we could take family pictures while everyone was still dressed up. So here's my little family in our most recent family shot. (Also, it's finally a picture of me modeling the finds I shared here and here.)


Congratulations again "T" on your baptism! Uncle Kevin and I still owe you a special day with us. Your choice! Love you!

("Aunt")

No comments:

Post a Comment