Friday, May 13, 2011

Copy Away!

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.

This means you may copy, share, tweak, overhaul, build upon, print and/or manufacture for personal or commercial use any of my work on this site. This particular license actually says you have to attribute any copy or derivative made from this work. I'm not even going to insist you do that, though. I'd appreciate any props or acknowledgements you give me but if it were up to me it wouldn't be forced upon you. Just don't turn around and try to copyright the work and keep me from producing it. Then I would have to defend myself. You just shouldn't say you did it first. Especially if you're selling it. Because that would be lying (see: fraud). Unless you really did have the exact same idea and created the exact same product without ever seeing my work. Then you can say whatever you want. Just don't tell me I stole your idea. I can promise you I didn't.

If I share another person's work, be advised that this blog's license is superseded by that of the original author/source site. Such work will always be noted and attributed (out of mere courtesy) and I would recommend going to the source site to see what their license excludes you from doing.

Happy Sharing!

No comments:

Post a Comment