I really want to start this 52 weeks of organizing thing but I haven't been organized enough to do it yet. :-) As I've said before, I actually like organizing, I just don't like cleaning. The day to day "picking up" is just no fun. Occasionally I'll get in a groove and go on a cleaning spree, but it's never really done is it? There will always be laundry and dishes and toys that aren't put away. But then there's the stuff that has no place to be put away. I think that if all these things actually had a home, it wouldn't bug me so much.
Lately I've been obsessed with getting a storage ottoman (or two). My husband and I are looking at new furniture sets for our living room and every time we see an ottoman I'm like "is it a storage ottoman?" Kevin has started to laugh at me even before the words come out of my mouth because he knows they're coming. Regardless however, I've decided something, I don't need "a place for everything, and everything in its place", I just want the first part. When things are just floating around homeless in my house I feel a strong desire to throw them in the trash. And since Kevin doesn't like just throwing things away (I think it's a "man thing"...or maybe a sane thing, I dunno) I figure the answer is more places for those things to hide.
That's right random homeless junk, flee before me! You can run and you'd better hide! Fear my wrath and rejoice in my mercy in giving you a probation.




No comments:
Post a Comment