That's right! iPad 2 baby!
Kevin decided to go ahead and give it to me since the surprise part was over. He'd left it at work though so I had to wait until that evening when we could drive over there and get it.
I've been telling Kevin I wanted to get an iPad for Alexander so he can use all the educational apps to help him learn to communicate. A friend of mine had shown me hers and let Alexander do The Monster at the End of this Book and he absolutely loved it! I really hadn't looked into too much as far as what I could do with it but I'm learning quickly that it rocks!
But wait, there's more! To add to the "it's my birthday" feel of the day, I got my piano too! I've been searching and searching on craigslist trying to find a piano someone was giving away for free (people do that all the time, they just want someone pick it up and take it off their hands). I hadn't had any real luck though. But then last week Brenda told me she'd offered the "piano in the basement" to Kevin's sisters and neither one wanted it. She wanted to know if I would like to have it. Heck yeah! So after the party, Kevin and his dad and brothers loaded it into their truck and brought it on over.
![]() |
| In our house |
Of course all of this means we're not going to be doing much on my actual birthday but it's all good. If I could have an early birthday like this every year I'd definitely be down. Now to find apps and sheet music...woohoo!



No comments:
Post a Comment