"Don't be such a good accountant."
I'm pretty sure the first place I heard him say this was over a year ago on an Oprah episode they did about Seinfeld's (then upcoming) show The Marriage Ref. Here's a link to the Oprah.com article about that episode. They mention this particular quote on page 10. He's talking to a woman whose husband "never" changes the toilet paper roll and he's basically telling her to chill. Don't count the number of times your spouse takes out the trash compared to the number of times you do. That's not helping anything.
Great advice. When it comes to little things like putting the empty ice cream container back in the freezer, is it really the end of the world? I know if I do something like that I'm not trying to annoy Kevin and I know the reverse is true and he's not trying to annoy me. So why should I try to make him feel bad about something that doesn't really add up to much in the long run? Is it worth picking a fight with your spouse when you could just as easily choose to get over it?
I'm obviously not a perfect wife but this is something I try to work on. I'm glad I have Seinfeld's voice in my head helping me be a better person. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment